- A voting seat and an alternate position are opening up on the Colorado Springs Planning Commission. It's the board that reviews new land development and helps hone the city’s long-range plans.
- The median price for a single family home in the region in July now sits at $472,000, down from $485,000 in June.
- Updated Aug. 11 at 2:50 p.m. Colorado’s largest teachers union and its local affiliate have filed a federal lawsuit against the Woodland Park School District and the district’s board of education.
- The 50-unit apartment complex will provide permanent housing for people ages 18-to-24 at risk of experiencing homelessness.
- A second internal investigation by the Colorado Springs Police Department says its officers did not use excessive force during an arrest last fall of a Black veteran. The department is facing a federal civil rights lawsuit regarding the incident.
- The troll that Danish recycle artist Thomas Dambo is building in the town of Victor is the second of its kind in the state. The first was built in 2018 and resides in Breckenridge.
- The lawsuit says detectives and undercover officers infiltrated activists at the Chinook Center to gather information with the intent to arrest members.
- Colorado Springs Mayor and city council members are holding listening sessions to engage with the residents about public safety, housing, and infrastructure.
KRCC's New Home
KRCC and Colorado Public Radio recently transformed a building in downtown Colorado Springs into a state-of-the-art space. Learn more about the Southern Colorado Public Media Center.
澳洲幸运10计划精准人工计划软件 Our Newsletters
Our newsletters bring you a closer look at the Southern Colorado stories that affect you and the music that inspires you.